Friday 23 September 2016

Laugh or cry?

Okay, I could write a super long post about how everything went terribly wrong today and how I ended up crying in the principal's office. Instead, I choose to write a very short anecdote that made me laugh more than I should have today.


In the afternoon, I do "calm" games, such as puzzles, drawing, play dough, colouring, letter work and so on. Anyway, one of my students, let's call him Kermit, decided that he would colour. I wish I had taken a picture because it would add the extra "oompf" to this story.

Kermit came to me with a cute alien drawing coloured entirely in black. He had a giant black blob on his paper.

Kermit: Madame, I'm finished!

Me: Oh, that looks great! Did you want to add some colour?

Kermit: No, I already coloured it.... *looks at me with a very confused look on his face*

Me: Okay, great! You did a good job of trying to stay in the lines!

Kermit: It's for Mommy!

Me: Alright, go put it in your school bag.

Kermit: No no no, it has to stay at school!

Me: Well then how is Mommy going to get it?

Kermit: *looks at me as if this is the most obvious thing ever* It can't go home today because Mommy has to earn this picture.

Me: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.




Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment