Sunday 4 September 2016

Sundays, oh Sundays....

Good morning readers!

I've been up for two hours but I feel like I've gone through an entire day already! I'll start with my #thegoal30, which was impromptu and wasn't actually on my list. However, since I banged out two goals yesterday, I had space to add one in today!

So, I woke up at 5 am with my dog crying (more on that later). As per usual, when there's nothing else to do, or everything to do, I checked Facebook. I'm part of a Facebook group for Scentsy Consultants (more on that in another post, at a later date). Anyway, she posted randomly (it was 3 am her time) that if anyone was awake she could use a helping hand to look over a PowerPoint. So, I decided to be that helping hand, and she was so appreciative it literally just made me feel good inside.

So good in fact that I decided 5:30 am was a fantastic time to walk the dog - her name is Shelby and you will likely hear about her a lot. Usually I would be saying all of this in a sarcastic voice, but seriously, it was lovely. It's a little cool outside, so I threw on one of my favourite sweaters, some flats and away we went! It was dark, it was quiet, and it was beautiful and calming. I genuinely felt so relaxed while we walked. It made me appreciate early mornings. I used to be an early riser, but the last few years it's been a struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Maybe today gave me a little hope, inspiration and a reminder of how peaceful mornings can be. I feel like today will be a good day. I won't conquer the world because that's not my goal today. My desire is simply to be content and to have a satisfactory day, no matter what I decide to do.

A final note for the day, perhaps to make you laugh, but also to show that your outlook on life can change everything sometimes. I told you I woke up at 5 because of Shelby. Well, I couldn't figure out for the life of me what she needed. She had water, she had food, she has a pee pad in case she needs to go before we go out, she has her toy. Well, after all of this lovely morning stuff, I went in the bedroom to get myself a pair of socks and as I walked out of the room my heel came down on something squishy. Yep, a nice fresh piece of poop! I'm fairly certain that most mornings I would have gotten quite upset, but something about this morning had me laughing instead. Perhaps because I instantly knew what happened. Shelby woke me up crying because the poo was stuck and she needed help! When her slow-to-react Momma didn't help out, she proceeded to rub her butt on the floor until it came off. *light bulb* And lovely readers, it's at times like this that you learn a lesson. Next time Shelby wakes me up crying, I will check if she has food and water, and if she does, I will them proceed to check her bottom in case she needs a helping hand.

Have an amazing Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment