Tuesday 3 January 2017

January Third - Outside the Window

Writing Prompt: Outside the Window

It's 5 in the morning. I stare out the window on the 18th floor of my building. I can see for a couple of blocks in each direction. Not that there's much to see. The streets are quiet, one or two cars every few minutes. The light from the lamposts glistens on the slick roads. It has been raining and it doesn't look to be letting up. The fog is rolling in making it difficult to see much. 
Most homes are dark, everyone still asleep. I wonder about the apartments with lights on; is someone getting ready for work? Perhaps they are just getting home? Maybe they simply can't sleep, like me, minds full of thoughts, ideas, worries. Who knows, perhaps they are even observing and wondering about the lights coming from my apartment. 

Photo Challenge: Contemplate

 I have been thinking about trying to paint for a while now. Perhaps I will be inspired to pick up a paintbrush and experiment soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment